Papercraft Essentials 211 - Using Your Kit - Kirstie Cairns - Bonus Makes
Get even more from Papercraft Essentials' All-occasion Quilling Kit with this fab bonus make
All-occasion Quilling Set with Papercraft Essentials issue 211
pink & white cardstock
extra quilling paper
3D foam pads
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens
New Baby die set
manual die-cutting machine
Step by step
- Using the quilling tool make a solid circle with a pink strand, adhere in place but do not remove from the tool, glue a second piece of pink cardstock and keep spinning the circle, repeat with a third strand. It may become difficult to add the third piece on the quilling tool so some hand rolling may be required.
- Keep going, add three layers of white cardstock and affix the end, creating the body.
- Repeat with three strands of white for the head and four ½” strands in pink for the arms/legs. The ears also require a half strand each but slightly release the circle, pinch into teardrop shapes and bend one over to look like the ear is lopped.
- Adhere all the parts of the rabbit together as shown.
- Cut out a 9½x7½cm rectangle from the pink cardstock shape at the top. Repeat with the white cardstock slightly smaller.
- Punch a hole through the top of the tag.
- Affix the rabbit in place, add some sparkle from the Spectrum Noir pen and die-cut the ‘new baby’ sentiment out of pink cardstock, affix in place.
- Add the white label to the pink using 3D foam pads.
- Secure in place around the edge of the white label pink baker’s twine and cut a piece to thread through the punched hole.
Love this project but don't have Papercraft Essentials 211, get it here
Want to try more quilling? Grab some free alphabet templates here