Love Sewing Issue 52
Love Sewing Issue 52
The brand new issue of Love sewing is in shops on Thursday 19th April and available to buy online at www.moremags.com This issue comes with a gorgeous free McCalls pattern gift, with four styles of blouses to try. Choose between different sleeve styles and add an asymmetric hem. Why not take a look at the versions inside the issue where we play with stripes and border prints for an eye-catching design.
The issue also includes:
- Three dressmaking projects including an exclusive design from columnist Claire-Louise Hardie for your essential Breton tee, a gorgeous pair of linen cropped trousers and a chic chambray dress with fun topstitching details.
- Theres a stunning terrarium embroidery with lush succulent and Katy Jones shows us how to make a brick patchwork pillowcase in bold colours.
- Sew a cheeky octopus toy for the little person in your life using an exclusive project from the team at Tilda
- We have plenty of fun ideas in the issue with bag and purse projects to make and a gardeners apron complete with secateurs pouch.
- Get to know paper piecing expert Jodi Godfrey from Tales of Cloth, and indulge in some mindfulness as we step into the world of Thread Therapy artist Marna Lunt.
- Dont forget to enter our amazing giveaways and enjoy our fabric and pattern discounts for independent and big name brands!
Every issue includes tutorials and advice from our industry experts Sewing Bee's Jade Earley, Wendy Gardiner, Alison Smith MBE, Wendy Ward, Elisalex de Castro Peake, Kerry Green and Claire-Louise Hardie.
Sew Now Editor Sam Sterken is modelling her me-made McCall's M7390. Sam found this pattern "a breeze to sew" read her review of this pattern on page 21.
Gorgeous linen trouser sewing pattern - perfect for summer hols!
Show off your green fingers with this charming gardener's apron and secateurs pouch made with fabric inspired by plants. This would make a lovely gift for a friend.
Perfect for storing loose change - this little pattern is ideal for whipping up a quick gift.
This super-size quilted octopus would look fabulous in a nursery or child's bedroom.
ideal project for using up scraps or jelly roll strips - make a pillow case or a smaller square cushion.
We think this nautical inspired anchor print dress is going to be a popular make - ideal for sunny days, and it has pockets!
Claire-Louise Hardie aka The Thrifty Stitcher is back with her regular column, this month she's giving you top tips on sewing up a pyjama top.
This boxy pouch has endless options for how to use it - we think it would be perfect for cosmetics, or perhaps use a fabric more suited to a man's wash bag? Be sure to share your latest makes on our facebook wall or tag us #lovesewingmag on Instagram and your pic will appear below! #lovesewingmag