Handmade Christmas Gifts
The best DIY Christmas gifts to make! Try these modern homemade gift ideas for mum, dad, friends and to sell.
What are the best handmade gifts?
We all love DIY Christmas gifts, but it's hard to know what to make for your family. That's where we come in! Our team has been producing step-by-step guides for quick and easy Christmas makes for over a decade in our magazines, so we're bringing one of our all-time favourites to you for free!
Cards & Crafts for Christmas Issue 12 is packed full of papercraft, knitting, crochet, sewing and baking ideas for all tastes and skill levels. So grab a cuppa and settle in for an inspiring read.
What can I make someone for Christmas?
Why not start with a handmade Christmas card? This book includes step-by-step instructions for all of these fantastic projects:
- WINTER WOODLAND: Inspiration for using your Christmas papers
- TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS: Homespun, textured seasonal makes you'll love
- INSPIRED BY ULTRA VIOLET: Gorgeous makes with this pretty Pantone shade
- POINSETTIA POP-UP: Step-by-step guide to making pop-up cards
- STRETCH YOUR STASH: Make the most of the crafty items you already own!
- WOODLAND CHRISTMAS: Nicky Gilburt gets creative with Christmas clipart
- CHRISTMAS WREATH: Showcasing the brand-new Joanna Sheen Cardmaking Collection
- CHRISTMAS FROSTING: Snowflake-themed digital delights from Uniko
- NEW YEAR CARDS: Celebrate the new year in style
Impressive Christmas gifts
Take your papercrafting to the next level with 3D makes from our expert designers.
- BROWN PAPER PACKAGES: You’ll love this stunning simple-to-make Advent calendar idea!
- JOY TO THE WORLD: We can’t wait to try this plaque project!
- FESTIVE WREATH: An exclusive – and stunning – design from Lia Griffith for you to recreate
- CHRISTMAS FEAST: Impress your visitors with incredible decorations and handmade Christmas crackers
- DIMENSIONAL DECORATIONS: Take your crafting off the page with Mel Jess's creations
Creative Christmas gifts
Sew a stunning range of handmade Christmas projects in no time!
- TOO COOL FOR YULE: Cross-stiched snowman and embroidered brooches
- SEASONAL SCANDI: Master the appliqué technique with this stunning set
- CHRISTMAS OVEN GLOVES: Simple mitts to smarten up your festive season
- PUDDING PRESENT SACK: Give this quick-make cross-stitch gift bag a try
- LACE POCKET CALENDAR: Use up your leftover fabric stash with ease
Handmade Christmas gifts for friends
Knit and crochet these fun treats, with patterns triple-checked by our experts.
- DRESS-UP DEXTER: A super-cute dog for you to knit!
- CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CALENDAR: Clever knitted blocks to count down the days
- BAMFORD THE POLAR BEAR: A cute toy for the youngsters!
- CHRISTMAS TREE MITTENS: Super-fun mittens for you or your little ones
- RUDOLPH THE REINDEER HAT & SCARF: A must-make set for all the family to enjoy
- UP MY ALLEY: A super-cute penguin bowling set – don't miss this!
- BEADED BAUBLE: The perfect last-minute make from Tracy Coldwell to take pride of place on your tree
The best and quickest Christmas gift is...
Baked goodies of course! Everyone loves a sweet treat at Christmas so make one of these festive recipes to box up and send to your loved ones.
- TASTE OF CHRISTMAS: Mouth-watering brownies and flapjacks from Foodalicious
- SNOW SCENE COOKIES: The perfect Christmas gift