Do you want to work at Knit Now?
Are you passionate about Knitting and Crochet and have more ideas than you know what to do with?
Are you incredibly organised and excellent at project managing, with superb attention to detail? Do you want to work for a company with fantastic opportunities that will see your ideas brought to life and sold globally on-line and in supermarkets nationwide?
If so, then look no further as this is the job for you!!!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The business is a market leading international media group specialising in hobbyist markets serving publications, e-commerce, websites, subscription kits and products to its growing audience. This rapidly growing and innovative business is poised for further growth and as a result is seeking a dynamic person who is obsessed with knitting and crochet, bursting with new ideas and enthusiasm and who thrives off working in a busy deadline driven environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful candidate will perform a range of editorial tasks necessary to ensure Practical Publishing’s yarn craft titles are published on time, on budget and to the highest standards. The successful candidate will be working across Knit Now, Crochet Now and Your Crochet & Knitting magazines.
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Editors in planning the editorial structure and content of each issue
- Managing the copy flow of knitting/crochet patterns, ensuring that patterns are laid out clearly and correctly and that they are free from errors
- Developing contacts within the market, representing the magazine to the industry at trade and consumer events and attending at least one external visit per month
- Supporting the Editors in planning and executing pattern supplements
- Primary responsibility for sourcing strong giveaways, offers and discounts for each issue
- Researching and writing editorial pages, including news, interviews and inspiration features, based on existing templates, as directed by the Editors
- Passing copy/proofs/layouts as directed by the Editors
- Liaising with the Editors, Publisher and marketing team to develop and execute the long-term publishing strategy for the title
- Liaising with relevant staff in other departments or roles within the company (e.g. art, production, advertising, marketing) to support the production and commercial performance of the title
- Supporting the Editors in producing video content and promoting the magazine on social media
- Ensuring that customer service queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Identifying trends within the market and reacting to market conditions in a timely and appropriate way
With that in mind the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- You must have hands-on experience of knitting and crochet
- Knowledge of, and ability to meet, the needs of the reader
- Ideas, creativity and originality
- Strong knowledge of knitting/crochet patterns and ability to spot and correct errors
- Experience of managing complex projects with a set deadline
- Leadership (decision-making, problem solving)
- Writing skills, and ability to spot good writing and design
- Pro-active in internal relationship-building
- Pro-active in external relationship-building and ability to act as magazine’s spokesperson
- Numeracy and computer literacy – using Microsoft Office
- Awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of competing titles
- Awareness of relevant intellectual property law – in particular, passing-off, trade mark infringement and copyright infringement
- Awareness of other law relevant to publishing – in particular, libel
Experience of working in the magazine industry would be an advantage but is not essential, this job is suited to somebody who has experience of working in a fast paced working environment, who is extremely organised with attention to detail and has strong written skills and of course has a passion for knitting & crochet!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Permanent and full time based at the Stockport office.
Monday - Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm AND Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm.
Salary: £Attractive & Competitive DOE
20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas closure, free car park (Rota basis), cycle to work scheme, free refreshments, modern offices, company social events, flexible work patterns and auto enrollment company pension.
Please send your CV with a covering letter plus relevant examples of your knitting/crochet projects you have made or a link to your on-line portfolio and ensuring that you detail how you meet the essential criteria outlined on the job description and person specification which can be found on the company website here.