CraftWorld Terms & Conditions
We've set out our terms and conditions below for you to have a look at. These cover everything from how you can make the most out of the site, how to share your content to a wider audience, and how to get along with all your fellow members.
The most exciting part is the opportunity to be published in a Practical Publishing magazine, so follow the rules by posting original designs and content and you could become craft's next rising star!
We've also set out some fair usage rules, and details of how we'll protect you, so read on to discover more.
2. Intellectual property rights
Practical Publishing owns the worldwide intellectual property rights in relation to the CraftWorld website branding.
Other product trademarks and copyrights are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.
3. Licence to use website
You may view, download and print pages from the website for your own personal use.
You may not republish material from this website in any form whatsoever, or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system, without the prior written consent of CraftWorld.
4. Restricted access
CraftWorld reserves the right to restrict access to certain parts of the website at any time.
If you create a user account, CraftWorld will provide you with a user account name and password enabling you to access certain parts of the website. It is your responsibility to keep the user account name and password confidential. You are responsible for activities which occur under your user account name.
CraftWorld reserves the right to disable, modify or delete your user account and/or password at any time and for any reason and we do not have to disclose an explanation for such action taken by us but reserve the right to make such disclosure.
5. Content submitted to the website
By posting, uploading or displaying text, images, videos, downloads or other content (“Content”), you agree that:
• You own the intellectual property in the Content or you have a licence from the owner of these rights to post, upload or display the Content;
• You are responsible for any Content which you post, upload or display (publicly or privately) on the website;
• You grant Practical a non-exclusive transferable worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display the Content in any media or medium, or any form, format or forum now known or hereinafter developed, for any purpose, in perpetuity. This provides an opportunity to work with Practical to promote your content across multiple media platforms including the print magazine products you love;
• You will not post Content that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws;
• You will not use CraftWorld for purposes related to marketing without our express written consent;
• We may edit, delete, move or remove any Content without notice and for any reason;
• We may record the IP address from which any Content is posted, uploaded or displayed.
• Should you become aware of any claim or complaint about any Content you have uploaded which could make you or CraftWorld liable, you will inform CraftWorld in writing as soon as possible (but in any event within 7 working days). You will then take such reasonable action to avoid, dispute, resist, appeal, compromise or contest liability as may be requested by CraftWorld; and make available to CraftWorld such persons and all such information as CraftWorld may reasonably require for avoiding, disputing, resisting, appealing, compromising or contesting any such liability.
6. Premium Membership subscriptions
If you upgrade to Premium Membership, the benefits will be activated immediately (with the exception of the CraftStash discount which may take up to 24 hours to become available - see section 7, below) and will continue until the renewal date.
On the renewal date, your Premium Membership will be automatically renewed for another period equal to the initial subscription period, unless you cancel the renewal ahead of this time, which you can do at any point through the website. If you cancel your Premium Membership renewal, your Premium Membership shall continue in effect until the next renewal point so that you may enjoy the full benefits, but no further payments will be taken and the Premium Membership will cease on the renewal date.
Should you wish to cancel Premium Membership within 14 days of first subscribing, you are entitled to request a refund. To do so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your membership will be cancelled with immediate effect and you will be entitled to a pro rata refund of the fee paid. However please note that if you have used the CraftStash discount benefit, you will not be eligible for any refund.
7. Premium Membership benefits
We reserve the right to amend Premium Membership benefits from time to time.
The CraftStash discount is an automatic offer which will be applied at the CraftStash checkout - no discount code is required. It excludes all machines & subscription products. The discount will be automatically activated within 24 hours of you upgrading to Premium Membership, provided you used the same email address to register on both CraftWorld and CraftStash. (If you did not, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance). The discount is valid throughout the duration of your premium membership with CraftWorld, once terminated the CraftStash discount offer will terminate simultaneously.
8. Limitations of liability
All messages express the views of the author, and CraftWorld cannot be held responsible for Content.
Although the administrators and moderators of CraftWorld will attempt to remove objectionable content, it is impossible for us to moderate all content. CraftWorld provides means for users to report Content they consider objectionable and endeavours to assess such reports in a timely fashion.
Whilst every care is taken in the preparation of content provided by Practical, Practical cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or timeliness of information provided, or any event or consequence arising as a result of the information.
9. Email newsletters
If you create a user account for accessing certain parts of the website, we may send you email newsletters from CraftWorld containing product news and special offers. You can unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want to receive these.
10. Advertisers on our website
If you purchase goods or services from third parties who advertise on the website, you do so at your own risk. CraftWorld is not responsible for these goods or services and any queries or complaints relating to them should be addressed to the advertiser.
11. Law and jurisdiction
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
12. Our contact details
The full name of our company is Practical Publishing International Ltd and our address is St Christopher House, 217 Wellington Road South, Stockport, England SK2 6NG.
Last updated: 21st June 2021.